This Star Wars birthday banner is simple to make and will set the scene for your Star Wars themed party. Download our free template, them simply cut, glue, hang – done! The birthday boy or girl is sure to love it!
For the second installment in our week of Star Wars birthday party ideas, I’m sharing how to make a very simple birthday banner. I created this banner in about half an hour and it really added something special to our party decor. I was pretty short on time leading up to the party (sound familiar?) so I didn’t worry at all too much about cutting perfect circles, or being very neat with my gluing. Despite my rough and ready approach it turned out great and was a big hit at the party. Most importantly, the birthday boy loved it!
To make the banner, I simply downloaded this Star Wars font, typed out the letters that I needed, then glued them on to cardboard circles that I cut using two bowls as templates. All very high tech! We actually had a third row for our banner showing Mr 5’s name, I’ve just photoshopped that out of of the photos for this post. To add your child’s name to your banner, simply download the font, type out the letters (make them size 300 in Microsoft Word to match the other letters on the printable) and cut a suitable number of cardboard circles to accommodate your child’s name. Read on for the full instructions and to download your printable birthday banner.
HOW TO MAKE A STAR WARS BIRTHDAY BANNER
You will need:
1. TheStar Wars birthday banner template which you can download here.
2. Thin black and orange cardboard.
3. String or ribbon for hanging.
6. Hole punch (optional).
To make the banner:
1. Download the template for the letters and circles here.
2. Print out the template.
3. Cut out the letters.
4. Cut thirteen circles from the orange cardboard using the LARGER circle from the template as a guide.
5. Cut thirteen circles from the black cardboard using the SMALLER circle from the template as a guide.
TIP: I actually used two different sized bowls to trace circles onto my cardboard. I would recommend using the circles on the template as a guide to find two round objects that match the size of the circles, and then using those items to trace circles onto your cardboard.
6. Glue a black circle on to each orange circle.
7. Glue a letter on to each black circle.
8. Use a hole punch or the tip of your scissors to punch two holes into each circle as shown in the photo above.
9. Thread ribbon or string through each letter for hanging. Black ribbon would look great but I didn’t have any on hand so I used string and it worked really well.
That’s all there is to it! This was a quick and simple way to add something special to our decor for the party.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Pinterest to see more of our Star Wars birthday party in the coming days!
If this is your first time visiting One Perfect Day – welcome! Join us on Facebook , Pinterest or Twitter where you will find lots of ideas for fun kids activities, thoughts on parenting, family recipes and more.